CASSETTE PANEL SYSTEM
The Cassette panel system is an external cladding system. It can be used for new construction or for renovation projects. This versatile open jointed system is based on the Rain-screen principle. It is suitable for horizontal or vertical application on low to high rise buildings, for both new and refurbishment projects. The cassettes are bent and fixed with invisible clips to an aluminium framework, which is secured to the load bearing structure. The Cassette system offers an innovative façade solution that provides a modern and flat appearance.
Areas of Application
Areas of application: Vertical walls (slope 90°) and soffits.
Type of building: New construction or renovation.
Supporting structure: Concrete wall, brickwork, metal as main support.
Climates: Temperate climate, mountain climate, all wind zones according to the configuration of the system.
Visible Height Visible Length
(joint excluded) (joint excluded)
220 to 600 mm 200 to 4000 mm
601 to 700 mm 200 to 3000 mm
701 to 875 mm 200 to 2000 mm
Horizontal: 15-25 mm
Vertical: 5-25 mm
All necessary flashings shall be minimum 0.7mm thick
1.5 mm thick.
Characteristics of this technique
- Excellent flatness.
- Horizontal layout.
- A continuous 20 mm (minimum) ventilated air gap is left clear behind the boarding on the entire façade.
- The cassette fixing is concealed by using hidden clips screwed to the framework.
Thickness 1.5 mm
Side/Seam Width 38 mm
Maximum Panel Width CTC 875 mm, 700 mm, 600 mm
(Center to Center Distance)
Maximum Panel Length 2 m, 3 m, 4 m
Before any installation, a detailed layout plan should be drawn by the contractor in order to:
- establish the positioning of the secondary framework elements.
- calculate the exact measurements and quantity of cassettes (centre to centre height and length and the width of the joint).
- position the fastening accessories (clips and screws) and framework rails.
The material must be 1.5 mm thick. The panels have an up stand at the top which is fixed to the framework with special clips and another up stand at the bottom which is held in place by the clips. Each cassette also has two vertical returns on the side, which are 12 mm wider than the cassette to ensure a snug fit.
The horizontal and vertical recessed joint standard dimension is 20 mm wide (15 mm or 25 mm are also possible). There is also an oblong hole at each end of the longitudinal edge of the cassette top up stand.
Fixing clips are specially designed and tested to meet the design and performance criteria of the project. Clips have a dual function:
- ensuring the mechanical resistance of the cladding
- allowing free expansion of the metal