- Architectural Cladding Australia Pty Ltd only use the genuine Corten® A steel, from United States Steel Corporation.
- Corten® A is a weather resistant steel which could more accurately be termed as an "Atmospheric Corrosion Resistant Steel". It is a copper chromium alloy steel—this alloy displays a greater level of resistance to atmospheric weathering when compared to other unalloyed steels.
- It's chemical composition promotes the early formation of an adhering protective layer of rust when exposed to the elements.
- Aesthetically pleasing to the eye, this finish has become popular with many high profile architects and has been specified and used in a variety of applications in including building fascias, architectural sculptures and bridges.
- The protective layer constantly develops and regenerates over time, reacting to the pollutants in the atmosphere. We may just mention that Architectural Cladding Australia can supply 0.7 mm and 1.00 mm base metal thickness as consideration should be made with regard to the thicknesses used especially when the material is utilized for structural rather than solely cosmetic purposes.
- The benefits of Corten® A steel are immediately obvious—a self–protecting steel is economic, long lasting and easily recyclable.
- Be aware that there is run off from this material which will cause staining.